1 2 3 4 5

C. Ronaldo: "Im unsatisfied by nature"

Cristiano Ronaldo

"It is within Portugal's reach to make history in South Africa"




Cristiano Ronaldo is bound to become one of the most prominent players in the 2010 World Cup. The Real Madrid player talked to El Pais about his aspirations in the championship.

"Being competitive is part of who I am and it is normal in football. I am very demanding with myself and I try to learn and improve every day. I never just settle. If I happen to score 29 goals I then want to net 30. I always want more. I am unsatisfied by nature."

"No one can question that my biggest objective in every game is to help my team. In order to do so I must do my best."

"Portugal need to win an international title to confirm they have a great team. We came close to winning the Euro 2004, which was held in Portugal. Our match against France in the Germany World Cup was bitter for us. We lost because of a penalty and missed the chance to play the final. It is within Portugal's reach to make history in South Africa."

"Our match against Cote d'Ivoire will be crucial because it is important to start with a victory. It won't be easy, but we can win the title. Half the job will be done if we go through the group stage."